Last updated June 2018.
We are committed to protecting your privacy when dealing with your personal information. This privacy notice provides details about the information we collect about you, your rights and how we protect you and your data.
If you have any questions about how we handle your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and what data do we collect?
When you make a purchase, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your name, postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth.
- Billing information
- Your account login details, such as your username and the password that you have chosen.
When you shop with us online or browse our website we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it).
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our website and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites).
- Information about any devices you have used to access our website/social media (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers).
For more information please see our cookies policy.
When you contact us, or we contact you, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our products (for example; your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email, post or when you speak with us through social media.
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys or reviews.
When you visit our stores:
- Footage of you may be recorded on our CCTV systems in order to protect our business, the local community, customers and colleagues.
How we use the information gathered
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process web orders, ensuring that your chosen items reach their destinations safely.
- To provide a point of contact should any issues arise with your order.
- To keep a record of instore sales, allowing us to track down purchases in the event of a lost physical receipt, and to offer discounts to regular customers.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- In order to process credit/debit card and pay pal transactions our payment processors, may require your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full https://stripe.com/gb/privacy. To improve the user experience on the website we also share analytics information with PayPal.
- When delivering your order, our delivery companies, Royal Mail will use your full name, address, telephone number and email in order to provide you with a swift delivery service. https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-notice
- We utilise Google Analytics in order to deliver the best web experience possible. For this reason, Google will be aware of IP addresses and information on browsing activity https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook activity and analytical data will be logged on Facebook’s servers https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Retention of your personal data
- Cookies are deleted in accordance with our cookies policy.
- CCTV images are kept for 30 days.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we will also keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
Security of your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not and cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website, or any of the data or privacy standards that those websites adhere to. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We are responsible for controlling your data. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may exercise your rights and options regarding the personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR Legislation 2015, by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Marketing Department, National hydroponics, Unit 6, Lark Street, Bolton. BL1 2UA.